This example teaches you how to create a thermometer chart in Excel. A thermometer chart shows you how much of a goal has been achieved.
To create a thermometer chart, execute the following steps.
1. Select cell B16 (make sure this cell is not connected to other cells).
2. On the Insert tab, click Column and then click Clustered Column.
Further customize the chart.
3. Click the legend on the right side and press Delete.
4. Change the width of the chart.
5. Right click the bar, select Format Data Series and change the Gap Width to 0%.
6. Right click the percentages on the chart, click Format Axis, fix the minimum to 0 and the maximum to 1.
7. Click Close.
Did you find this information helpful? Show your appreciation, share this page.