This example teaches you how to create a histogram in Excel.
1. First, enter the bin numbers (upper levels).
2. On the Data tab, click Data Analysis.
Note: can't find the Data Analysis button? Click here to load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
3. Select Histogram and click OK.
4. Select the range A2:A19.
5. Click in the Bin Range box and select the range C3:C7.
6. Click the Output Range option button, click in the Output Range box and select cell F3.
7. Check Chart Output.
8. Click OK.
9. Click the legend on the right side and press Delete.
10. Properly label your bins.
11. To remove the space between the bars, right click a bar, select Format Data Series and change the Gap Width to 0%. Select Border Color to add a border.
Did you find this information helpful? Please vote for us.