Did you know that you can use pivot tables to easily create a frequency distribution in Excel? You can also use the Analysis Toolpak to create a histogram.
Remember, our data set consists of 214 rows and 6 fields. Order ID, Product, Category, Amount, Date and Country.
First, insert a pivot table. Next, drag the following fields to the different areas.
1. Amount Field to the Row Labels area.
2. Amount Field (or any other field) to the Values area.
3. Next, click any cell inside the Amount column.
4. Right click and click on Group.
5. Enter 0 for Starting at, 10000 for Ending at, and 1000 for By.
6. Click OK.
To easily compare these numbers, create a pivot chart.
7. Click any cell inside the pivot table.
8. On the Insert tab, in the Charts group, click Column and select one of the subtypes. For example, Clustered Column.