This example teaches you how to remove duplicates in Excel.
1. Click any single cell inside the data set.
2. On the Data tab, click Remove Duplicates.
The following dialog box appears.
3. Leave all checkboxes checked and click OK.
Result. Excel removes all identical rows (blue) except for the first identical row found (yellow).
To remove rows with the same values in certain columns, execute the following steps.
4. For example, remove rows with the same Last Name and Country.
5. Check Last Name and Country and click OK.
Result. Excel removes all rows with the same Last Name and Country (blue) except for the first instances found (yellow).
Did you find this information helpful? Please vote for us.