Headers and Footers
This example teaches you how to add information to the header (top of each printed page) or footer (bottom of each printed page) in Excel.
1. On the View tab, click Page Layout, to switch to Page Layout view.
2. Click to add header.
The Header & Tools contextual tab activates.
3. On the Design tab, click Current Date to add the current date (or add the current time, file name, sheet name, etc).
Note: Excel uses codes in order to automatically update the header or footer as you change the workbook.
4. You can also add information to the left and right part of the header. For example, click the left part to add the name of your company.
5. Click somewhere else on the sheet to see the header.
Note: on the Design tab, click Options for a different first page header/footer or a different header/footer for odd and even pages. In a similar way, you can add information to the footer.
6. On the View tab, click Normal, to switch back to Normal view.